Marines who have been stationed in Japan had the opportunity to reunite at an event hosted at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall.
The event, hosted by the Defense Attaché office of the Embassy of Japan in the United States, was held Friday, Sept. 15 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Fort Myer Officers Club, and welcomed guests with a reception, traditional Okinawan dance, Karate performance by Okinawa-kai, and standing buffet-style dinner. Distinguished guests shared memories from their time serving in Japan, and the Japan-US Military Program (JUMP) also gave a brief presentation, informing all in attendance how the program allows veterans to continue to stay engaged with the U.S.-Japan alliance.
• When: Friday, September 15 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Where: Officer’s Club at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, 214 Jackson Ave, Fort Myer, VA 22211
• Dress: Service C or business casual (no jacket or tie required)
• Remarks from the host and distinguished guests
• JUMP Briefing from LtCol. (Ret.) James Kendall, Fellow, Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA and JUMP
• Eisaa (traditional Okinawan dance) and karate performance by Okinawa-kai
• Remarks from Marines reflecting on their memories in Japan
February 21, 2020 , 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
2020 JUMP Annual Dinner
February 29, 2020 , 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
JUMP Colorado Springs: February 29, 2020
March 21, 2020 , All Day
JUMP San Antonio: March 21, 2020
JUMP News | Jan 29, 2020
Winners of the Fifth Annual #HolidaysinJapan Photo Contest
JUMP News | Dec 09, 2019
Submit your photos to JUMP’s fifth annual #HolidaysinJapan contest
Website design & development time4design.