In coordination with the Japan-America Society of Northwest Florida and the Consulate General of Japan in Miami, the Japan-US Military Program (JUMP) held its second annual event at the National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, Florida (map) on October 22, 2016.
The event began at 1 p.m. with a Japanese taiko drum performance in the Blue Angels Atrium. A reception followed on the flight deck of the USS Cabot until 4 p.m. Captain Mark A. Truluck, USN, the commanding officer of Naval Aviation Schools Command, delivered opening remarks, and keynote speakers included the Honorable Ken Okaniwa, Japan’s consul general in Miami, and Admiral Patrick Walsh, USN (retired), the President of Strategic Programs at Academic Partnerships LLC and Senior Fellow and Acting Director of the Tower Center Program in National Security & Defense at Southern Methodist University.
This goal of the event was to continue connecting those who have served in Japan and provide updates on the solid U.S.-Japan alliance. It built on a similar JUMP event held last year.
Click here to view the photo gallery from this excellent event!
• Admiral Patrick Walsh, USN (ret.), Senior Vice President, iSIGHT Partners; Senior Fellow in National Security and Defense, John Goodwin Tower Center for Political Studies, Southern Methodist University; and Chairman, Dallas Committee on Foreign Relations
• The Honorable Ken Okaniwa, Consul General of the Consulate-General of Japan in Miami
• The Honorable Mark Jackson, Honorary Consul General of Japan
• The Honorable Robert M. Orr, Ambassador to the Asian Development Bank (2010-16), Member of the Board of Governors of Pacific Forum/CSIS
• Captain Mark A. Truluck, USN, Commanding Officer of the Naval Aviation School Command in Pensacola
• LtCdr. David Rozanel, USN, Chaplain
• Mr. Peter Kelley, President, National Association of Japan America Societies
• LtCol. James Kendall, USMC (ret.), Director of the JUMP Program and Fellow at Sasakawa USA
June 7, 2020 , 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Webinar: Rear Admiral James Kelly on Yokosuka, Sasebo, and Community Relations (YCAPS-JUMP)
JUMP News | Jan 29, 2020
Winners of the Fifth Annual #HolidaysinJapan Photo Contest
JUMP News | Dec 09, 2019
Submit your photos to JUMP’s fifth annual #HolidaysinJapan contest
Website design & development time4design.