Date: September 10, 2017
Time: 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Timezone: America/New York
In coordination with the Japan-America Society of the State of Washington and the Nisei Veterans Committee, Sasakawa USA’s Japan-US Military Program (JUMP) hosted an event in Seattle, Washington on September 10, 2017 from 10 am to 2 pm. Attendees were able to take a tour of the NVC Memorial Hall and hear from Nisei veterans, as well as help welcome guests from the Japanese Self Defense Ground Forces and Joint Base Lewis McChord.
The event honored the Nisei Veterans—second-generation Japanese-Americans who served in the segregated 100th Battalion/442nd Regimental Combat Team (RCT) and the Military Intelligence Service (MIS), during World War II.
The event coincided with the annual U.S.-Japan Rising Thunder training exercises at the Yakima Training Center, and included a tour of the Nisei Veterans Committee Memorial Hall in Seattle, a luncheon, special guests and speakers, and taiko drumming.
• Major General Willard M. Burleson III, Commanding General of the 7th Infantry Division, JBLM
• Major General Seiji Toriumi, Camp Jinmachi Commander, VCG 6th Division, JGSDF
• Ambassador James Zumwalt, CEO, Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA
• Consul General Yoichiro Yamada, Consul General of Japan in Seattle
• When: September 10, 2017, 10:00am-2:00pm
• Where: Nisei Veterans Committee Memorial Hall, 1212 S. King Street, Seattle, WA 98144
Here is a gallery of images from the event.
2023 The Japan U.S. Military Program (JUMP)
Custom WordPress Design, Development & Digital Marketing by time4design