JUMP and the Japan Society of San Diego & Tijuana hosted a breakfast reception in San Diego at the Bay View Restaurant aboard MCRD San Diego. The event featured talks from local military and civilian leaders as well as Ambassador James Zumwalt, former Deputy Chief of Mission at the American Embassy in Tokyo. The event coincided with a Japan Maritime Self Defense Force ship visit to San Diego. Japanese service members participated alongside their American counterparts.
• 7:00am | Arrival & Breakfast
• 7:20am | Opening & Introductions
• 7:40am | Presentation: “JUMP”
• 7:50am | Keynote Address: “The US-Japan Alliance”
• 8:30am | Conclusion
• Kate Leonard, Honorary Consul General of Japan in San Diego
• William M. Jurney, Brigadier General, Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruit Depot
• Koji Manabe, Rear Admiral, Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force
• Akira Chiba, Consul General of Japan in Los Angeles
• Chris Cate, Councilmember, City of San Diego
• James Kendall, Executive Director, Japan-US Military Program
• James P. Zumwalt, CEO, Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA, Former US Ambassador to the Republic of Senegal and to the Republic of Guinnea-Bissau
• Where: Bay View Restaurant, San Diego, CA, USA
• When: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
September 21, 2019 , 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
JUMP in Pensacola: National Naval Aviation Museum on Sept. 21, 2019
September 24, 2019 , 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
All for Nothing? The Southern Resources Area and the Pacific War
JUMP Spotlight Series: Making a Home with Neil Cosentino
JUMP Spotlight Series: Exploring Otsu with Charlotte Slaney Lewis
Website design & development time4design.