On Wednesday, October 30, 2019, JUMP will host a seminar, “The U.S.-Japan Alliance and Security in the Indo-Pacific Region,” in cooperation with the Japan America Society of Washington, D.C. The event will be held in Roosevelt Hall of the National War College on Fort McNair.
Distinguished specialists on Japan, China, the Korean Peninsula, Southeast Asia, and the U.S.-Japan Alliance will discuss U.S.-Japan defense contingencies that impact U.S. forward deployed forces and regional relationships. A reception where heavy hors d’œuvres will be served will follow.
– Rear Admiral Cedric Pringle, U.S. Navy Commandant, National War College
– Major General Yoshiki Adachi, Defense & Military Attaché, Embassy of Japan
– Dr. Cynthia Watson, Dean of Faculty & Academics, National War College
– Ms. Emma Chanlett-Avery, Congressional Research Service
– AMB Mark Lippert, Boeing International
– Ms. Bonnie Glaser, Center for Strategic & International Studies
– Mr. Chris Johnstone, Office of the Secretary of Defense
RSVP: Registration is available online at jaswdc.org. Guests without a U.S. federal government- or military-issued I.D. card will need to fill out a Visitors Request Form, linked to from the registration page. RSVP by October 21, 2019.
This event requires business attire so please remember to wear a coat and tie. For guests without a U.S. government CAC card, your name must be on the invitation list and you must have a government-issued ID to enter Fort McNair. Taxis and RideShares are not allowed on campus. For guests with a CAC card, please show your card at the gate.
October 21, 2019 , 5:30 pm - 8:15 pm
Developments in Hong Kong: Personal Conversations with Experts (YCAPS-JUMP Event)
October 30, 2019 , 5:45 pm - 9:00 pm
JUMP Washington, D.C.: The U.S.-Japan Alliance and Security in the Indo-Pacific Region
JUMP Spotlight Series: Making a Home with Neil Cosentino
JUMP Spotlight Series: Exploring Otsu with Charlotte Slaney Lewis
Website design & development time4design.