Date: October 31, 2020
Time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: This was an online event through Zoom.
On Saturday, October 31, 2020, JUMP hosted an intimate policy briefing with our partners in Pensacola. The event provided 40 of our loyal members with a cutting-edge policy analysis about the state of the alliance from experts in the field. This was a free online event exclusively for members of the armed services and government civilians who have served in Japan.
This online policy briefing was conducted through Zoom for choice JUMP members and policy makers. Our honorable speakers discussed the state of the Japan-U.S. alliance and the geostrategic outlook of the Western Pacific in 2020. Following all the speakers, there was a short question and answer portion of the event where participants had the opportunity to submit questions and hear from the experts.
– President of the Japan-America Society of Northwest Florida – Captain Bill Cuilik, USN (Ret.)
– Director of JUMP, Chairman of the Board, and President of Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA – Dr. Satohiro Akimoto
– Defense Attache’, Embassy of Japan – Major General Hiroyuki Sugai, JSDF
– Former Commander U.S. Southern Command – General Douglas M. Fraser, USAF (Ret.)
– Consul-General of Japan in Miami – Hon. Kenji Hirata
– President of the Naval Aviation Museum Foundation – Rear Admiral Kyle Cozad, USN (Ret.)
– President of the National Association of Japan-America Societies – Mr. Peter Kelley
This event was held in cooperation with the Japan-America Society of Northwest Florida, the National Association of Japan-America Societies, the Embassy of Japan in the United States, and Sasakawa USA.
2021 The Japan U.S. Military Program (JUMP)
Custom WordPress Design, Development & Digital Marketing by time4design