Date: October 15, 2020
Time: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Timezone: America/New York
Location: This is an online webinar through a platform called Hopin.
RSVP: Please register here.
On Thursday, October 15, 2020, JUMP will host a seminar at the National War College titled “U.S.-Japan Partnership on Strengthening Economic Architecture in Asia.” The virtual reception will begin at 4 PM EST with the first speeches beginning at 4:30 PM. Due to restrictions implemented to curb the spread of COVID-19, the event will have a limited in-person portion held at Roosevelt Hall for students and staff of the National War College. However, the event will be streamed online for all JUMP members and interested members of the public.
In the six decades since the signing of the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan, the Japan-U.S. alliance has served to underpin security in East Asia, leading to over a half century of relative stability and prosperity for the region. Beyond the alliance, however, is an economic architecture that has also played an important role in the region’s stability and prosperity.
A distinguished panel of experts will discuss the role played in East Asian security by the region’s trade relationships and economic forums, aiming to help understand the interplay between economic strategy and broader U.S.-Japan strategic considerations for the region. There will be a question and answer section where in-person participants and online participants can participate.
– Mr. Ryan Shaffer, President, JASWDC
Japan-U.S. Military Program Overview:
– Mr. Peter Kelley, President, NAJAS
– Rear Admiral Cedric Pringle, U.S. Navy Commandant, National War College
– Major General Hiroyuki Sugai, Defense & Military Attaché, Embassy of Japan
A Perspective from Vietnam:
– Min. Hoang Thanh Nga, DCM, Embassy of Vietnam (PENDING)
– Dr. Cynthia Watson, Dean of Faculty & Academics, National War College
– AMB Kurt Tong, Partner, The Asia Group
– Dr. Mireya Solis, Phillip Knight Chair in Japan Studies, Brookings Institution
– Min. Shinichi Saida, Minister of Economic Affairs, Embassy of Japan
– AMB James Zumwalt, Chairman, JASWDC Board of Trustees
This event is held in cooperation with the Japan-America Society of Washington, D.C., the National Association of Japan-America Societies, the Embassy of Japan in the United States, the National War College Alumni Association, and Sasakawa USA.
2020 The Japan U.S. Military Program (JUMP)
Custom WordPress Design, Development & Digital Marketing by time4design