JUMP held a reception with Naval Air Station Mayport in Jacksonville, Florida on June 13 as a celebration of the U.S-Japan Alliance. The reception was organized by the Consulate General of Japan in Miami.
Following a performance by Taiko drummers, Consul General of Japan for Florida Ken Okaniwa and Rear Adm. Sean Buck, commander, U.S. Naval Forces Southern Command and U.S. Fourth Fleet offered remarks to attendees. During his distinguished career, Buck served as the commander of Patrol and Reconnaissance Force 5th/7th Fleet and Fleet Air Forward in Atsugi, Japan. The Rear Admiral also commanded Patrol Squadron 26 and Maritime Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing 11, whose aircraft and personnel routinely deployed to the Western Pacific.
Last summer, Naval Station Mayport hosted more than 550 Japanese sailors and 200 midshipmen during a three-day port visit of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force.
Click here to view a press release issued by the Consulate General of Japan in Miami.
• Ken Okaniwa, Consul General of Japan for Florida
• Rear Adm. Sean Buck, Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Southern Command, Commander, U.S. Fourth Fleet
• Commander Will Toraason, Commanding Officer, Patrol Squadron Five
• Commander Thomas G. Chekouras, Commanding Officer, USS Lassen
• When: June 13, 2017 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• What: The evening started with cocktail hour and a taiko drum performance, followed by a toast by Consul General Ken Okaniwa, and then a buffet dinner. After dinner, Commander Toraason, Commander Chekouras, and Rear Adm. Sean Buck gave remarks. Following their remarks was a presentation by Consul General Okaniwa and another taiko performance.
• Where: Naval Air Station Mayport, Jacksonville, Florida
JUMP News | Jan 29, 2020
Winners of the Fifth Annual #HolidaysinJapan Photo Contest
JUMP News | Dec 09, 2019
Submit your photos to JUMP’s fifth annual #HolidaysinJapan contest
Website design & development time4design.