The JUMP Program was pleased to hold its first ever JUMP event in New Orleans on July 14.
American service members who have served in Japan had the opportunity to continue strengthening the bond between both nations at the event. The social, emceed by Donna Fraiche, the Honorary Consul-General to Japan, was designed to celebrate America’s strong military partnership with Japan and keep service members engaged with that relationship.
Encompassing nearly three city blocks, the National WWII Museum is a popular tourist spot in New Orleans and the perfect location to celebrate the friendship that has developed between our two countries since the end of WWII. The event was open to U.S. service members who have served in Japan and other active or retired military personnel who are interested in the U.S.-Japan relationship.
The event welcomed keynote speaker LtGen Burton M. “Burt” Field, USAF (ret.), former Commander of U.S. Forces Japan and Commander 5th Air Force, and current Vice President, Strategic Planning at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics.
The Japan U.S. Military Program (JUMP) connects past and present service members, families, and government civilians who have served in Japan. Through social networks and events, JUMP builds relationships and provides opportunities for service members to engage with each other. JUMP provides a powerful foundation for sustaining the solid alliance and relationship that exists between the U.S. and Japan.
Who: Active or retired U.S. military service members who have served in Japan
When: Thursday, July 14, 2016 from 6 to 9 p.m.
Where: National World War II Museum, Stage Door Canteen, 1043 Magazine St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (map)
JUMP welcomed distinguished guests to the program including:
• LtGen Burton M. “Burt” Field, USAF (ret.), former Commander of U.S. Forces Japan and Commander 5th Air Force, and current Vice President, Strategic Planning at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
• Ms. Donna D. Fraiche, former President of the World Trade Center of New Orleans and Honorary Consul-General of Japan in New Orleans
• Consul General Masami Kinefuchi, Consulate General of Japan-Nashville, TN
• Captain Mike Turner SC USN (ret.), President of the Japan Society of New Orleans
• Mr. Peter Kelly, President, National Association of Japan America Societies
• Lieutenant Colonel James Kendall, USMC (ret.), Director of the JUMP Program and a Fellow at Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA
September 10, 2017 , 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Nisei Veterans Committee Memorial Hall Tour and Luncheon (Seattle)
September 20, 2017 , 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Chinese-Japanese Competition in the East Asian Security Complex (Tokyo)
September 26, 2017 , 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Japan’s Info War: Competitive Nation Branding in East Asia (Yokosuka)
JUMP News | Jul 31, 2017
Ambassador Sasae mentions JUMP in 4th Japan-U.S. Military Statesmen Forum Reception
Supporters of JUMP | Jul 05, 2017
General Ralph E. “Ed” Eberhart, USAF (Ret.) endorses JUMP activities that enhance knowledge of Japan
Website design & development time4design.